- Tuesday, September 29th: Habit #1 – Be Proactive (Take Control of Me)
- Tuesday, October 13th: Habit #2 – Begin with the End in Mind (Know What You Want)
- Tuesday, October 27th: Habit #3 – Put First Things First (Do What is Best for You & Your Family)
- Tuesday, November 3rd: Habit #4 – Think Win-Win (Win with Your Family)
- Tuesday, November 10th or 17th*: Habit #5 – Seek First to Understand, then to Be Understood (Listen First, Talk Second)
- Tuesday, December 1st: Habit #6 – Synergize (Creatively Work Together as a Team)
- Tuesday, December 8th or different date*: Habit #7 – Sharpen the Saw (Balance is Best)
Westgate parents Jennifer Grandberry and Dawn Dalton are running another series of “7 Habits of Successful Families” this fall. Workshops are being held in Westgate’s large conference room off the main office at 7pm. Here are the dates:
Attention Westgate Parents and Guardians:
At Westgate Elementary we are always looking for ways to support students’ growth and learning. In the past, parents have found it helpful to come together and talk about how their children are doing in school. The primary focus of this group is to provide support to parents of students with special needs. Every meeting we present information on a topic that affects students at Westgate. Members of the student support team will be available to provide information and facilitate conversation. Please come join us as we begin our parent and guardian support group.
Here are the details for our next week:
Thursday, October 8, 2015
from 9:15-10:30 am
Topic: Transitioning Into a New School Year (Parents and guardians will have the bulk of the time to share, ask questions, and connect with others).
If you would like more information or have any questions about the group, please contact Jeff Pawelski (Integrated Services Social Worker) at firstname.lastname@example.org ( 847-506-6831) or Annie MacDowell (School Social Worker) at email@example.com (847-506-6836).
Annie MacDowell and Jeff Pawelski are the Social Workers at Westgate Elementary. Miss Mac is the School Social Worker and Mr. Pawelski is the Integrated Services Social Worker.